Dublin Car Accident Lawyer
Attorney Todd Brenner has substantial experience in many aspects of personal injury law, including car accidents and trucking accidents, back and brain injuries, wrongful death, premises liability and uninsured motorists claims. Todd has over twenty five years of experience defending these claims, but has also represented many individuals seeking compensation for injuries they have sustained from motor vehicle accidents. In 2019, Todd was recognized as one of the Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys in Ohio, an accomplishment achieved by less than 1% of active attorneys.
If you were recently hurt in a car accident, you may want to discuss your case with a car accident lawyer in Dublin, OH. You may be eligible to receive compensation for your losses. A lawyer from Brenner Law Offices LLC can help you pursue a timely claim against the negligent party.
Car accidents can be traumatic experiences that leave individuals with physical, emotional, and financial burdens. In the state of Ohio, car accidents are unfortunately common, with thousands of crashes reported every year. For those who have been injured in a car accident, it’s important to understand your legal rights and options for pursuing compensation for your injuries and damages. This is where Brenner Law Offices LLC comes in – a reputable law firm in Dublin, OH, that has been representing car accident victims for years.
At Brenner Law Offices LLC, our team of experienced car accident lawyers is dedicated to helping our clients obtain the compensation they deserve. We understand the challenges that arise after a car accident, such as medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Our lawyers have a thorough understanding of Ohio’s car accident laws and can provide guidance and support throughout the entire legal process.
As the testimonials demonstrate, Todd has gained the confidence and admiration of the clients he has represented over the years. He prides himself on providing valuable insight on every case and offers direct and candid advice for each and every client. No two cases are the same, and when engaging an attorney, it is important to know that your attorney has not only the experience but the candor to express both the strengths and weaknesses of that particular case.
Whether you were involved in a rear-end collision, head-on collision, T-bone accident, or any other type of car accident, our lawyers have the knowledge and skills necessary to build a strong case on your behalf. We work tirelessly to investigate the details of your case, gather evidence, and negotiate with insurance companies to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation available under the law.
Table Of Contents:
- Common Causes of Car Accidents in Dublin, OH
- How to Prevent Accidents During Road Trips
- Do You Need to Consult a Lawyer?
- What To Do After An Auto Accident In Dublin OH
- Phrases To Avoid Saying After a Car Accident
- Dublin Car Accident Law Infographic
- Dublin Car Accident Law FAQs
- Dublin Car Accident Law Statistics
- Most Dangerous Intersections and Roads in Dublin Ohio
- Minimum Auto Insurance Required by Law In Ohio
- Car Accident Lawyer Dublin, OH
- Contact Brenner Law Offices LLC
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Dublin, OH
At Brenner Law Offices, we understand the importance of promoting road safety and protecting the rights of accident victims in Dublin, OH. Here are the common causes of car accidents in our community:
- Distracted Driving: Activities like texting, talking on the phone, or using electronic devices divert drivers’ attention from the road, increasing the risk of accidents.
- Speeding: Driving above the speed limit or too fast for road conditions reduces a driver’s ability to react to sudden changes, leading to more severe accidents.
- Impaired Driving: Operating a vehicle under the influence of alcohol, drugs, or medications impairs judgment, coordination, and reaction time, making impaired driving a major cause of accidents.
- Reckless Driving: Behaviors such as aggressive lane changes, tailgating, and disregarding traffic signals contribute to reckless driving, endangering the safety of others on the road.
- Poor Weather Conditions: Inclement weather, including rain, snow, fog, or ice, creates hazardous road conditions, reducing visibility and increasing the risk of accidents.
- Failure to Yield: Neglecting to yield the right of way at intersections is a common cause of accidents, often resulting in T-bone or head-on collisions.
- Fatigue: Driving while fatigued impairs a driver’s reaction time and decision-making ability, increasing the likelihood of accidents. Drowsy driving is particularly prevalent during late-night or early-morning hours.
- Inexperienced Drivers: Lack of experience among newly licensed drivers can contribute to accidents, as they may still be developing their skills and understanding of traffic rules.
- Poorly Maintained Roads: Road conditions, such as potholes, uneven surfaces, or inadequate signage, can increase the risk of accidents. Prompt reporting of such issues is crucial for maintaining safe roadways.
- Mechanical Failures: Vehicle malfunctions, including brake failure, tire blowouts, or faulty steering systems, can lead to accidents. Regular vehicle maintenance is essential to prevent such failures.
If you or a loved one have been involved in a car accident in Dublin, OH, our experienced team at Brenner Law Offices is here to assist you. We will work tirelessly to protect your rights and seek fair compensation for your injuries and losses. Contact us today for expert legal assistance related to car accidents, personal injury claims, or any other legal matters. Your safety and well-being are our top priorities.
How to Prevent Accidents During Road Trips
With the temperatures getting warmer, more and more people are taking road trips. These trips are a great way to bond with family and friends and create new memories. However, with an increased number of cars on a road, there’s an increased risk of accidents. Here are a few ways to avoid getting into an accident during your summer road trip.
- Create a plan. If you’re taking a road trip to an unfamiliar destination, it’s wise to have a plan ahead of time. Find out the route you have to take and put it in your GPS. The device can tell you which roads are under construction so that you can avoid them. It’s also a good idea to bring a paper map in case your GPS loses signal.
- Take turns driving. Driving a vehicle for hours at a time can get tiring. If you get too drowsy, you can lose focus on the road and get into an accident. That’s why everyone should take turns driving.
- Follow the speed limit. As a car accident lawyer in Dublin, OH can confirm, speeding is one of the most common causes of car accidents. Although you might be thrilled about getting to your destination, you should never drive above the speed limit. If you drive too fast, you may not have time to react to hazards on the road, increasing your risk of an accident.
- Don’t drive at night. If possible, stop at a hotel before it gets dark. Driving at night is more hazardous, especially if you’re in an unfamiliar area.
- Stop for heavy rain. When you’re on a road trip, it’s important to pay careful attention to the weather. Certain conditions, like rain, can decrease your visibility. If it starts raining heavily, you may want to pull over to a safe spot until the rain stops. While this can slow down your trip, you can at least avoid getting into an accident.
Do You Need to Consult a Lawyer?
If you are thinking about visiting a lawyer after a recent accident, a car accident lawyer in Dublin, OH residents trust from Brenner Hubble LLC can be a great resource for you. We have protected the rights of accident victims in this community for many years. We are a seasoned legal team who takes pride in offering quality legal assistance. Every client and their recovery is important to us. So if you have been injured in a car accident, remember that you may be eligible to receive compensation for lost wages, medical bills, and other ways your life has been impacted. A reckless driver should be held responsible for the ways that innocent people had suffered because of their negligence.
Many victims are concerned about their ability to pay for medical treatment after a car accident. For example, even if you have medical coverage through a health provider, you may still owe for copay appointments, deductibles, and other treatments related to the accident. Your health insurance may only cover you to such an extent, and you may have to pay for the rest. You should not be forced to pay out of pocket for injury care that someone else caused. Loss of income after a car accident can make it difficult for a victim to pay their other bills, such as necessities for living. As your lawyer can discuss with you, you may be eligible for restitution for the following types of damages:
- Medical bills
- Loss of earnings
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of quality of life
- Medical equipment
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
After an accident, it is imperative that you seek medical attention right away and be honest about all the symptoms you are experiencing. The car accident may have left you feeling anxious, depressed, and with PTSD-related symptoms. Physical injury and mental anguish should both receive proper and equal treatment. Keep all records related to your injuries, so you can provide your insurance with this information if needed. Don’t forget just to what extent a legal team can help you after a car accident. You shouldn’t have to worry about medical bills or other ways that you may become financially drained. Having a dedicated Dublin car accident lawyer intervene and come to your legal aid, it can save you stress and increase your chances of getting the settlement that you deserve.
We believe that victims should not have to suffer because another person chose to be reckless that day. We want to see our clients get back up and onto their feet as quickly and to the fullest extent as possible. In the event of an injury accident, we can help make that difference in getting your life back together. We hope that if you are in need of support, you contact our friendly Dublin lawyer car accident team at Brenner Hubble LLC today.
What To Do After An Auto Accident In Dublin OH
Being involved in an auto accident can be a stressful and overwhelming experience. At Brenner Law Offices, we want to provide you with guidance on what to do after an auto accident in Dublin, OH, to ensure your safety and protect your rights. Here are the recommended steps to take:
- Ensure Safety: First and foremost, prioritize safety. Move your vehicle to a safe location if possible, away from traffic. Turn on hazard lights and use flares or cones to warn other drivers.
- Check for Injuries: Assess yourself and others involved for injuries. If anyone is injured, call 911 immediately for medical assistance.
- Contact the Authorities: Even if there are no serious injuries, it is essential to contact the police to report the accident. They will document the incident and provide an official accident report, which can be crucial for insurance claims and legal proceedings.
- Exchange Information: Exchange information with the other parties involved in the accident. Collect names, contact details, license plate numbers, insurance information, and driver’s license information.
- Gather Evidence: If it is safe to do so, gather evidence from the accident scene. Take photos or videos of the vehicles’ positions, damages, skid marks, and any other relevant details. This evidence can be valuable for insurance claims or legal purposes.
- Gather Witness Information: If there are any witnesses present, obtain their contact information. Their statements may be helpful in establishing liability and supporting your case.
- Report the Accident: Notify your insurance company about the accident as soon as possible. Provide them with accurate and detailed information regarding the incident.
- Seek Medical Attention: Even if you don’t feel immediate pain or injury, it is advisable to seek a medical evaluation after an accident. Some injuries may not be apparent immediately but can manifest later.
- Consult an Attorney: Contact an experienced auto accident attorney, such as those at BRENNER LAW OFFICES. Our team can provide valuable legal advice, guide you through the claims process, and protect your rights to fair compensation.
- Preserve Evidence: Keep copies of all relevant documents, including medical records, police reports, insurance correspondence, and any expenses related to the accident. These documents can support your case later.
Remember, every accident is unique, and the circumstances may vary. It is crucial to consult an attorney who can assess your specific situation and provide personalized advice. At Brenner Law Offices, we are dedicated to helping auto accident victims in Dublin, OH, navigate the legal process and recover the compensation they deserve. Contact our firm today for a free consultation and let us fight for your rights and best interests.
Phrases To Avoid Saying After a Car Accident
Immediately following a car accident, you may be wondering if there are things you should or shouldn’t say to the other party. This can also go for any insurance agents you speak with, the police officer at the scene, or other parties. It can be frustrating to feel like you are unable to give your side of the story but it is important to wait to speak with your lawyer following a car accident. Below, you will find key phrases not to say after a car accident.
- “I’m not injured.” Whatever you say after a car accident, never tell anyone you are uninjured. It is truly amazing how many people who did not believe they were injured following a car accident suddenly do not feel great after a few hours or days. This happens because the adrenaline wears off, soft tissue injuries get worse, and your body is suddenly left to try to heal.
- “Yes, I accept that settlement.” Unless you’re doing so under the supervision of your lawyer, you do not want to accept any settlement offers. The insurance agent may try to get you to accept a settlement by saying you were partially liable for the accident or that you are not going to get a better offer. Wait until you have spoken with your lawyer and even accept an offer through them.
- “I’m so sorry.” This can be such an easy thing to slip out. Even if you believe you were in no way responsible for the accident, it can be easy to say “I’m sorry” out of habit. You can still be empathetic and concerned about yourself, the situation, and the other driver without apologizing. Avoid apologizing or making any excuses.
- “I think” or “I believe.” Don’t offer speculations after a car accident. If a police officer is there, just give them general facts and move on with your lawyer. Not only could the information be wrong, but it could also paint you as wishy-washy and aloof.
- “I don’t have a lawyer.” If you aren’t planning to work with a lawyer or simply do not have one yet, do not tell anyone this. Insurance agents will absolutely use this against you to try to get you to take a settlement that is far lower than you deserve. Never advertise that you are not getting legal help for your case.
- “I’m giving a statement.” Avoid giving any kind of official statement at all costs. This will only ever harm you and your case. While you may have to end up giving a statement at some point, it is crucial that you do so under the careful eye of your lawyer so that they can go over your statement and ensure it does not have anything self-incriminating in it.
Dublin Car Accident Law Infographic
Dublin Car Accident Law FAQs
What types of car accidents does Brenner Law Offices LLC handle?
Our experienced car accident lawyers in Dublin, OH, handle all types of car accidents, including rear-end collisions, head-on collisions, T-bone accidents, rollover accidents, hit-and-run accidents, and accidents involving pedestrians or bicycles.
How can I determine if I have a case for a car accident claim?
If you have been injured in a car accident due to someone else’s negligence, you may have a case for a car accident claim. Our lawyers can help you determine the strength of your case and advise you on the legal options available to you.
Can I still file a claim if the car accident was partially my fault?
Ohio follows a comparative negligence law, which means that even if you were partially at fault for the accident, you may still be able to recover damages. Our lawyers can evaluate your case and advise you on your legal options.
What damages can I recover in a car accident claim?
Depending on the circumstances of your case, you may be able to recover damages for medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and property damage. Our lawyers can help you understand the types of damages available in your case and work to maximize your recovery.
How long do I have to file a car accident claim in Ohio?
In Ohio, you generally have two years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury claim. However, it’s important to contact a lawyer as soon as possible to ensure that your rights are protected and all necessary evidence is preserved.
What should I do if I’m involved in a car accident?
If you’re involved in a car accident, the first priority is to seek medical attention for any injuries. You should also exchange contact and insurance information with the other driver, and contact the police to report the accident. It’s also important to document the scene of the accident and contact an experienced car accident lawyer as soon as possible.
Dublin Car Accident Law Statistics
According to the Ohio Department of Public Safety, in 2022, there were a total of 265,748 crashes reported in Ohio, resulting in 127,133 injuries and 1,116 fatalities. These crashes involved various types of vehicles, including passenger cars, trucks, motorcycles, and pedestrians. In Dublin, OH, there were 1,418 reported crashes in 2020, resulting in 558 injuries and 3 fatalities.
Most Dangerous Intersections and Roads in Dublin Ohio
Here are a few intersections and roads in Dublin that were considered busy or potentially hazardous according to the Ohio Department of Transportation (ODOT):
- Interstate 270 and Sawmill Road: This interchange is a significant junction in Dublin, connecting the city with the wider Columbus area. It experiences heavy traffic volume, especially during peak hours.
- State Route 161 and Riverside Drive: This intersection is located near downtown Dublin and is known to have significant traffic congestion, particularly during rush hour.
- Post Road and Avery Road: This intersection is another busy area in Dublin, connecting residential neighborhoods and experiencing heavy traffic flow.
- Emerald Parkway and Riverside Drive: This intersection is close to the Dublin Bridge Park area and is known for its heavy traffic volume due to its proximity to commercial and recreational destinations.
- Perimeter Drive and Tuttle Crossing Boulevard: This intersection serves as an access point to the Tuttle Crossing Mall and other commercial areas, making it prone to congestion, especially during shopping seasons.
Minimum Auto Insurance Required by Law In Ohio
In Ohio, drivers are required to carry a minimum amount of auto insurance coverage to comply with the state’s financial responsibility laws. The minimum auto insurance requirements in Ohio include the following:
- Bodily Injury Liability Coverage: Drivers must have a minimum of $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident in bodily injury liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries or death of another person in an accident for which the insured driver is at fault.
- Property Damage Liability Coverage: Drivers must have a minimum of $25,000 in property damage liability coverage. This coverage pays for damages to another person’s property, such as their vehicle or other structures, resulting from an accident where the insured driver is at fault.
- Uninsured Motorist Coverage: Ohio law also requires drivers to carry uninsured motorist coverage with minimum limits of $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident. This coverage protects you and your passengers if you are involved in an accident caused by an uninsured or hit-and-run driver.
It’s important to note that these are the minimum insurance requirements set by Ohio law. However, it’s generally recommended to consider higher coverage limits to provide better protection in case of a serious accident. When obtaining auto insurance, it’s advisable to consult with an insurance agent or company to ensure you meet the minimum requirements and understand the coverage options available to you. Additionally, it’s essential to review your policy regularly to ensure it remains in compliance with Ohio’s insurance laws and meets your personal needs.
Car Accident Lawyer Dublin, OH
555 Metro Pl N First Floor, Dublin, OH 43017
Contact Brenner Law Offices LLC
Getting into a car accident can be scary. Don’t let a few phrases hurt your chances of getting the compensation you deserve. Call our office today to speak with our lawyers. If you were hurt in a car accident during a road trip, schedule a consultation with a dedicated Brenner Law Offices LLC car accident lawyer in Dublin, OH today.